Creating Your Own Monsters
I’ve just added a new tool, the Monster Creator. This will allow you to add in your own monsters to the D&D 3.5 monster generator and the 3.5 NPC Generator.
Adding in a monster is quite easy just type the monster as shown in the monster manual. The only differences are that:
1. The Hit dice field should not contain any bonus hit points (e.g. from Con).
2. Weapon damage from manufactured weapons does not need to be added as they will be automatically calculated.
3. The saving throws will need to be entered as either “Good” or “Bad” saves (the generator will then work out the correct save).
4. If a special attack or special quality is not on the list then you can use the default “other”.
5. If you are creating a zero level monster e.g. goblin then set hit dice to 0dx (e.g. 0d8) and set the template field to Zero Level.
6. If you are creating a template, the basic stats should be set to 11 as a default. Any bonus applicable should be added to 11, e.g. if the template has +2 Str set the Str to 13. If a template has a stat that should be zero set that stat to “0”.
Also set the Template field to “Template”.
7. If you are creating a monster that can have character levels set the template to “Char Levels”.
8. I’ve Removed the base attack field as this is calculated by the generator.
If you have any problems please contact me.
This tool is only available to those people that have created an account, it will be free to use for the next week or so then will become chargeable for.