Not Logged on

D&D 3.5 Treasure Generator

Welcome to Dingle's Games free treasure generator for D&D 3.5.

  1. admin says:

    Hi PaulMurrayCbr,
    I would be interested in the Pathfinder Generator. The Magic Item Compendium is not OGL though so I can’t host it. Wizard of the Coasts could close the site down.
    Paul

  2. PaulMurrayCbr says:

    I have a Magic Item Compendium treasure generator at

    http://paulmurray.id.au/DnD/MICGenerator.html

    and I was thinking of doing something similar for the pathfinder rules (I think there’s loot generators in the game mastery guide or the loot book).

    Would you be interested in hosting it here?

  3. Ryezen says:

    Thanks much for the explanation; your site has greatly enhanced the campaign I’m running for my friends/family.

  4. admin says:

    Hi Ryezen, the treasure generator uses the table from the 3.5 DMG to create the results. For a CR20 This table gives a 25% chance of no magic items, a 40% chance of 1d4 medium and a 35% chance of 1d3 major.
    So there is quite a lot of randomization a nearly equal chance of getting 1 medium item to 3 major items.
    If you don’t like the first result I’d suggest just rolling it a couple more times and taking the best fit.
    Paul

  5. Ryezen says:

    For some reason, the treasure generation seems really inconsistent. For exmaple, I’ll sometimes input a CR20, zero coins, zero goods, and x4 Items, and sometimes get 2x medium items, and sometimes 4x medium, 4x major, etc. It seems that a logical system of each CR defining a cap value, with coins, goods, and items continuing to add to the list until that value is capped would work, but I’m not sure it’s happening as it should be.

  6. zerofaith3 says:

    never mind. working now 😀

  7. zerofaith3 says:

    very cool 🙂 um..just to let you know treasure gen doesn’t seem to be working…i’ve tried it a few times. and keeps coming up blank. any info?

  8. admin says:

    Hi zerofaith3,
    I’ve not used GURPS but I’ll look into it.

  9. zerofaith3 says:

    Fantastic tool, as a second time 3.5 GM this is making my life a whole helluva lot easier. Have you ever looked into possibly doing a GURPS version?

  10. admin says:

    Oops, Treasure Generator should be back now. Thanks for reporting JFurlong. I hadn’t noticed.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

This tool is for DMs who are tired of spending an hour generating treasue only to see their players just cash it all in for gold. Using this treasure generator, a DM can create upto a 20CR Treasure hoared in a few seconds.

Once you have selected a CR press the CALCLATE button to create to create the treasure.

The treasure generator is free to use and supplied "as is". If you have any questions or problems, please write to us: CONTACT (at) DinglesGames (dot) com.