How to Create a Template
After you have purchased a membership from Dingle’s Games you will be able to create your own monster and Templates.
Some notes on templates:
1. The Stats for a template are all based on an average of 11, so if you give 13 to Str this will add +2 (13 minus 11) to the Strength score of the base creature, 9 Chr will give -2 (9 minus 11) Charisma to the base creature.
2. If a Stat is set to 0 this will set the stat to zero on the base creature. This can be used when creating undead templates and setting the Con to 0.
3. Setting the Type to Undead will change the Hit Die (D8 for Pathfinder, (D12 for D&D 3.5).
4. Changing the Saving Throws will only effect levels attributed to the Template.
5. Size and Reach are ignored in templates
6. Speeds are taken either from the base creature or the template whichever is greater.
7. Special Attacks and Special Qualities can be set up to only activate at certain HD using the Min HD and Max HD fields.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.